Talk

Advanced search

Need some support/ advice

(3 Posts)
littlem133 Sat 04-Feb-17 14:21:19

DS3 is 2 this month. Since Christmas he's refused to go to sleep in the day, is problematic to get down and wakes throughout the night. DH and I work full time and have two older children. We've tried cutting his day nap, leaving him to cry, and now generally sleep on his floor throughout the night hoping it's just a phase. It's a long phase now. I've just got him to sleep this afternoon by sitting on his floor by the door with my back to him and I'll creep out in a bit. What do I do at night though-sit on the floor again each time he wakes?!

littlem133 Sat 04-Feb-17 22:10:56

Anyone?! Please?

Crazylou Sun 05-Feb-17 20:57:11

My DS hated sleeping in cot for months and he's just 21 months old I decided to take one side of so he can climb into his bed on his own, I just sit at bottom of bed and let him roll about until he gets really sleepy once I see his eyes slightly closing I quietly get off bed and leave, for the last few weeks this has been working for me at naps and night time and he's gradually sleeping better he gets up at 7am, naps 12-1pm and asleep by 7.30pm I take him into his room for 7pm, I usually only need to get up once during the night, slight cuddle and he'll fall asleep again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now