Talk

Advanced search

Help! I think he has colic.

(7 Posts)
Bellabelloo Sat 04-Feb-17 01:34:57

My baby is 11 days old and has started crying lots through the evening and night, including during feeding. Having consulted Dr Google I assume this is colic? What can I do to help? I know there are medicines and gripe water. Do you use both or just one or the other? And what is best? I would be really grateful for any other advice. He is formula-fed and I use the anti-colic bottles. I just don't know what to do. X

Aliveinwanderland Sat 04-Feb-17 01:42:30

To be honest it might just be a case of riding it out. It gets better around 12 weeks.

I've used Infacol, gripe water and dentinox. Didn't find any really made any impact.

If you are formula feeding you could try colief which I have heard is very good but it's expensive. You add it to their feed.

Bellabelloo Sat 04-Feb-17 04:57:15

Thank you. I'll have a look for that. I hate seeing him in such distress. Poor little thing. sad

Aliveinwanderland Sat 04-Feb-17 05:42:39

I know it's horrible. It doesn't last long though, hang in there.

doubledecker1986 Sat 04-Feb-17 06:17:28

It could be colic, but it could also be something like a milk allergy.

My friends baby was diagnosed with colic, but months later it came to light she actually had a cows milk allergy. It was giving her stomach ache and terrible trapped wind which was causing the relentless horrendous crying.

I would speak to your health visitor for some advice, hopefully it is something of nothing but it's worth exploring just incase!

FartnissEverbeans Sun 05-Feb-17 04:07:12

Look up the symptoms of reflux just to check it's not that. There are lots of effective treatments available for reflux but not so much for colic (because nobody actually knows what it is)

munchkinmable Sun 05-Feb-17 07:58:49

Could well be cows milk allergy. My daughter was the same (but breastfed) didn't ease up until I cut dairy out of my diet. Go and see the gp and ask for a dairy free formula

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now