Talk

Advanced search

Sleep regression.... Only an issue at nap time

(2 Posts)
notanothernamechangebabes Wed 01-Feb-17 15:53:44

Bit weird... DS is 19 weeks, EBF, and on the 91st centile across the board. We cosleep, and he is generally a very happy soul.

At night, DS goes to sleep in his crib in the living area at 6.30-7.30pm. He sleeps until midnight when I go to bed, taking him with me, and has a quick feed. He has another around 4, and again around 7. If we aren't getting up to go out, we both go back to sleep until 8.30ish.

So far so marvellous.

Daytime naps. They are a nightmare. He sleeps in his buggy or sling , fine: he sleeps on the day bed she I breastfeed him lying down but wakes if I move. He suddenly (since 15 Weeks)will NOT go to sleep in his crib during the day, regardless of what I do. I put him dos before he's showing tired signs. I shush, sway, feed.., nothing.

He gets really grumpy and I feel tied to the day bed until we go out, so that he'll have his naps. Anyone have any advice on getting him to nap independently during the day? Letting him cry not an option. He as v mild reflux that only presents when he cries too hard, which ends with him choking on his own posset ....

FATEdestiny Wed 01-Feb-17 16:40:47

If he likes to suck for comfort, have you considered a dummy? I consider dummies unrivalled as an independant sleeping tool, so baby can learn to go to sleep without you.

On from that, relentless rhythmic movement usually works for daytime naps. Have you tried a bouncy chair?

I'd team dummy with bouncer. Sir next to bouncer (while watching tv) and hold in the dummy if needed and just keep on relentlessly bouncing until asleep. Even keep bouncing going whilst asleep to help baby link sleep cycles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now