Talk

Advanced search

Will only nap in car seat

(6 Posts)
nicolasmith2512 Wed 01-Feb-17 13:47:59

My DS is 6 weeks old and I'm struggling to get him to nap anywhere but the car seat for longer than 20 or 45 minutes! He sleeps well in the Moses basket at night but won't during the day. Does anyone have any tips of how to get him to sleep for a longer stretch in the crib?

JohnLapsleyParlabane Wed 01-Feb-17 13:50:58

Short, frequent naps are very normal at this age. Have you tried a sling? If you desperately want to get baby sleeping independently in the daytime then bouncy chair (very reclined) and dummy would probably be your best bet.

nicolasmith2512 Wed 01-Feb-17 18:02:26

Thank you. I also have a 2 yo which is why I'm keen to sort nap times out

isthistoonosy Wed 01-Feb-17 18:13:11

I went with lots of awake time.in the crib so they naturally just fell to sleep their. Took a few days of pretty much feeding, wind, nappy then in the crib for all the awake time but at that age it doesn't matter too much (I hope) provided you continue to interact with them etc.

nicolasmith2512 Wed 01-Feb-17 19:25:06

Do you mean so they get used being in the crib surroundings?

isthistoonosy Wed 01-Feb-17 19:36:15

Yh so they learn the crib is a nice safe place where they can play and relax and you are nearby. Then they just fell to sleep there, one baby needed my finger to suck occasionally very young but the other just took to it fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now