Talk

Advanced search

8 week old wanting to play!

(3 Posts)
PeppaAteMySoul Mon 30-Jan-17 20:28:53

My DS won't settle for sleep until 11pm-12am but then sleeps a good 4 hours so I'm (mostly) happy. However at 4 in the morning he seems to be awake and ready to play! I don't talk to him, the room is dark, I just feed him then cuddle/ rock him. If I put him in his bed he cries. He takes a good 2 hours to fall asleep by which point my DS1 is up for the day. Is there anything I can do? Other than cry at the prospect of only ever getting 4 hours sleep a night.

FATEdestiny Mon 30-Jan-17 22:22:56

8 weeks is still very young and is still learning night and day.

Keep naps frequent over 24 hours (2h awake is far too long at any point of the day or night) and during the day try to get baby some daylight and fresh air.

Aside from that, just go with the flow at this age. Always feed first. Feeding and more feeding is usually the answer to everything in the first 3 months.

You could try a swaddle to reduce stimulation at night. Also a dumny to suck helps sooth to sleep

PeppaAteMySoul Mon 30-Jan-17 23:12:09

That's my other problem this baby doesn't like napping. I try walking him in the pram, cuddling, rocking, feeding, a dummy etc he can still be awake 3+ hours in the day. I feel like a complete failure.
Thank you for your advice. Will try swaddling and just going with the flow a bit more. He has been awake ages tonight cluster feeding. Hoping he will sleep soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now