Talk

Advanced search

9 month wakings

(2 Posts)
MainliningChocolate Sun 29-Jan-17 23:25:58

My dd has never been the best sleeper but in the the last month has slept the odd night 7-5. Whilst this is lovely, all the other nights have gone downhill! She wakes some point between 11pm-1am and is then inconsolable for at least 2 hours. She just cries and won't go back in her cot. She isn't hungry, she refuses any feeds and hasn't had a night feed for about 1.5 months now.

She has a dummy (which she reinserts herself) and a comforter which I can see her reach for on the monitor but they don't help!

I'd love her to sleep through but really I'm after advice in how to get her back down faster, these two hours up are tough. Especially since she's up at 5 regardless of how much she's slept over night. We've tried later bed times but it makes no difference. She has between 2-3 hours day time sleep, usually 1.5 hrs in the morning and 45mins to an hour in the afternoon.

Thanks

musicalmama Sun 29-Jan-17 23:48:32

I'd say more daytime sleep is needed. As soon as I discovered this grid my LO slept better at night but not right through until I combined with cry it out at 7 months which worked after 3 nights but it's not for the faint hearted! If you have a video monitor though you can see they are okay. They just need to learn to get the cuddles in during the day because mum is sleeping at night! Hope you find a solution soon.smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: