Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime routine

(8 Posts)
UnbelievablyChocolatey Sat 28-Jan-17 18:33:42

My 11 month old DS currently has a bedtime routine that consists of a bath, pjs, and then he tends to fall asleep whilst being BF on the spare bed. At which point he is moved into his cot.

I would like to try and change this routine and I have no idea where to start. I know it isn't ideal for him to be fed to sleep, and I do think he associates this with sleep. Ideally I would like for the routine to be bath, pjs, milk, possibly story, then bed.

Does anyone have any tips/suggestions or examples of their bedtime routines?

FATEdestiny Sat 28-Jan-17 18:36:27

How about feeding downstairs, before going up to get ready for bed. Then cuddling to sleep?

That would be the interim to stop feeding to sleep. Then work of putting baby into cot and doing the settling in there.

UnbelievablyChocolatey Sat 28-Jan-17 18:42:39

That's actually a good idea Fate!

Do you think I should leave the lights on etc so he doesn't get too sleepy while I'm feeding him?

DorotheaHomeAlone Sat 28-Jan-17 18:49:28

Do you use a gro bag? I currently do bath, pjs, bf, then into gro bag, lights out and sleep cue. He's 8 months and soon I'll add a book after bf. He already wakes up a bit being put in the bag and kissed good night so it's just extending that gently. Worked with his sister.

DorotheaHomeAlone Sat 28-Jan-17 18:49:53

Yes, leave the lights on. Good luck

UnbelievablyChocolatey Sat 28-Jan-17 19:03:42

Would you do story in the cot or elsewhere?

DorotheaHomeAlone Sat 28-Jan-17 19:06:14

Not in the cot. We do it cuddling on a big chair. But I'd start by just putting in a small change, like the gro bag shift, to stop it being a feed to sleep situation.

FATEdestiny Sat 28-Jan-17 19:18:28

I would do milk downstairs. Then upstairs, brush teeth and into bedroom. Everything else happens in bedroom - sleepwear on, into grobag, story, kisses, into cot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now