Talk

Advanced search

Any advice?

(3 Posts)
Frogonalog16 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:00:35

DD is 16m old and has been generally a good sleeper. She's still in our room as she can't go in another room until she goes into a single bed. The last few days she's cried when I've put her in the cot, at bed time and nap time. She only moans for a minute or 2 before she goes off but is quite unsettled. Tonight she's gone down at around 6.20 as she napped for less thsn an hour when normally she'd have 2+ hours, shes woken up around an hour later and I just couldn't settle her in bed. So now she's asleep on me downstairs. She has got a cold and is teething but I'm worried she's going to get in the habit of wanting to sleep on me. I'm wondering if maybe she's ready to go in a bed or if its probably down to her just generally feeling crappy.

Sorry for the ramble, thanks for any advice

FATEdestiny Fri 27-Jan-17 10:40:35

It's probably down to her generally feeling crappy. Have you tried lying on your bed as she goes to sleep and comforting her from There?

justme12345 Fri 27-Jan-17 10:51:29

I'm thinking its most likely teething and her cold.
Though we were in a similar position to you. I was nowhere near ready to put our 16 month old son in his own room (that was ready for him), so his cot was still on our room. He had always been a good sleeper, but he started waking up every night and sometimes taking 4-5 hours to settle back down. Eventually we realised that it was always when we went to bed he woke up, even though we were as quiet as possible. In the end we did put him in his own room and since he has started sleeping through again, well no sleeping even better than before.
Sorry I know that's not much help as you say she can't go her own room until she goes into a bed, but just wanted to say that hopefully when that happens she will settle down again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now