Talk

Advanced search

To share or not?

(2 Posts)
Liskee Mon 23-Jan-17 09:17:10

I have 2 DSs. The eldest is 2.1 and the younger coming up on 7 months. DS1 often takes up to 30/40 minutes to go to sleep once he's in bed. He's not distressed or anything, just sings, chats to his cuddly toy, rearranges his blanket. On the rare occasions he does cry or shout out one of us always goes in, settles him and reminds him its sleepy time. 99% of the time he'll sleep straight through to 6.30/7am.

DS2 is currently combination fed, with a 6oz bottle before bed and at lunchtime and BF on demand otherwise. He is now settling to sleep in his cot in our room, but waking 2/3 times a night for breast feeds. He goes back down in his cot after.

I'm thinking ahead a little to when DS2 is around 9 months. I'd like to wean him off BF completely, be up to 3 meals plus snacks and have him night weaned before I move him into DS1 room. So, what I'm really looking for is some advice or experiences of people in room sharing kids of a similar age. Is it a good idea? Does it help them sleep better or is it a stupid stupid idea?!?

Liskee Tue 24-Jan-17 22:07:49

Bump 🤞

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now