Talk

Advanced search

Baby grunts in sleep

(11 Posts)
TeaMuncher Thu 19-Jan-17 07:50:52

I'm posting after a night of NO sleep with my DS who grunts and kicks his legs and sometimes cries in his sleep.

He starts off in his Sleepyhead and is usually fine until about 2am onwards when the grunting starts. I then try and cosleep with him next to me but find it's worse (and I'm so uncomfortable) and he's keep me awake all night ☹️️

Does anyone else have this issue? What causes it?

LapinR0se Thu 19-Jan-17 07:59:09

How old is he?

DoItTooJulia Thu 19-Jan-17 08:09:17

I had a grunter and shuffler. From 6 days old the noise that came from the crib was unreal.

He'd start at the bottom-you know, how you're supposed to, and within an hour he'd have shuffled up to the top of the crib and you'd hear the (very gentle but disconcerting none the less) thud of his head hitting the top of the crib.

I didn't get a wink of sleep. And if I hadn't have seen/heard it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it either.

Whenisittimeforwine Thu 19-Jan-17 08:11:50

I had this with my DS for the first 3 months, it was horrendous you have my sympathies. To be honest the only thing that worked for me was the sleep in spare room with ear plugs as DH could sleep through it! It has recently stopped happening - not sure why they do it but DS thankfully has grown out of it xx

Kazups22 Thu 19-Jan-17 08:13:23

My dd did this from about 2 weeks til around 12 weeks. Started early morning too from 3am onwards, it was the strangest thing! I was told its her digestive system maturing and her reflux combined. Didnt get a definite answer but hopefully it'll go soon so you can get some much needed sleep!

EsmesBees Thu 19-Jan-17 08:17:58

I think that's pretty normal in the early months. Mine sounded like a farm yard she was so loud.

TeaMuncher Thu 19-Jan-17 10:12:09

Lapin DS is nearly 8wks

TeaMuncher Thu 19-Jan-17 10:13:10

Kazups I have often wondered about reflux 🤔

FATEdestiny Thu 19-Jan-17 10:43:48

Have you tried a dummy? It might help him be quieter, encourages deeper sleep and also reduced SIDS risk.

TeaMuncher Thu 19-Jan-17 11:52:37

Hi FATE, he's not a fan unfortunately (--only likes his human dummy!--)

BLjwTwx3 Thu 19-Jan-17 16:11:28

I'd say it's quite normal, my DS did it up until about 10 weeks. They all sleep differently. There's not much you can do about it as he is asleep when it's happening so doesn't need settling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now