Talk

Advanced search

10 month has started waking every hour, time for some action!

(14 Posts)
Jengadreads Thu 19-Jan-17 07:18:14

Another night of waking 10 times this morning so badly need out an end to this, my ds is 10 months and was a fantastic sleeper from 8 weeks sleeping through. Teething caused him to wake up in pain. The teething seems to have calmed down as he's not so gurny during day and teeth are now well established. I now think he's got into the pattern of waking up crying. Putting him down at night was also bliss but he's started screaming when we leave the room. Is this signs of separation anxiety? I'm doing the controlled crying method at bedtime which is defo making a great difference but I have a husband and 2 teenagers at home so don't really want to do that for night waking or is it the only thing that will really work? Is there any mums that have experienced the same problem and resolved this phase?

Jengadreads Thu 19-Jan-17 07:19:50

Just to add, our day still sleeps in our room

Jengadreads Thu 19-Jan-17 07:22:35

I meant ds, not day......tiredness!

Mol1628 Thu 19-Jan-17 07:35:05

I think it's a phase and probably still teething related as well. In my opinion he is too young for controlled crying.
I would comfort as much as they need at that young age.

Mol1628 Thu 19-Jan-17 07:36:07

(I did do controlled crying but at two years old because he didn't know how to self settle)

Jengadreads Thu 19-Jan-17 07:46:07

Thanks for the reply. The controlled crying worked wonders for us and only had to be used for 3 nights. I'm wondering myself if it's just a phase, had him in bed with me last night and still woke every hour. As soon as he realised I was there he went straight back to sleep

DorotheaHomeAlone Thu 19-Jan-17 07:49:18

He's not st all too young for controlled crying! Yes, I'd try it for night waking too. Is there a reason he's still in with you? Might be hard to do if you're still in the room.

Cocolocos Thu 19-Jan-17 10:14:08

We had a bad sleep regression at that age due to milestones like learning to walk. It will pass flowers

FATEdestiny Thu 19-Jan-17 10:46:37

Does he have a dummy or comforter? Is he physically able to snuggle or find and put dummy in to get that comforting feeling?

Jengadreads Thu 19-Jan-17 11:19:15

Thanks ladies! He's in with us as we have an 12 and 14 year old so putting it off till he sleeps right through before he shares with our 12 year old son (yikes) he takes a dummy but can't find it at night and also has his comfort blanket. You girls think it's just a phase? How can I break the cycle?

Cocolocos Thu 19-Jan-17 11:54:49

With us it was a phase that lasted around 2 weeks (in our case it involved her being awake for 2-3h in the middle of the night). It just stopped without me doing anything about it, so I hope it settles for you soon.

Jengadreads Thu 19-Jan-17 12:02:36

Thank you cocolocos, hopefully it passes.

LalaLeona Sat 21-Jan-17 20:40:53

Mine had terrible separation anxiety at that age could be that x

Pinklemonade16 Mon 23-Jan-17 10:25:49

My daughter is the same she is nearly 11 months. It started with teething her two top teeth she would wake up and not settle until she was in bed with us. Now that the teeth have cut she is still doing it shock she can be put down to sleep in there but will wake up around 2am and will not sleep unless she in our bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: