Talk

Advanced search

Any early nap droppers?

(6 Posts)
waitingforsomething Mon 16-Jan-17 14:04:00

DS is 18 months and having a darn good go at dropping his nap entirely. Yesterday I spent over an hour trying to convince him to have a nap, he then slept for 45 minutes. Similar pattern over the last 4 of weeks. He isn't grouchy on this amount of sleep. Today DD (4) needed my attention and I just didn't have the energy to fight with him. He didn't nap. He was fine, and went to bed at 6.45.
He usually sleeps through the night from 6.45 until 6.15-6.45.
DD gave up her nap entirely at 2 and was also a good night sleeper. Is it really normal for a child to stop napping this early? I want to put it down as a phase but it's been going on for a month.

Timetogrowup2016 Mon 16-Jan-17 14:29:39

My dd is 11 months and has dropped to one nap .
Shes awake 7-11:30 then typically sleeps an hour to hour and a half with bed at 6-7 .
Reckon she'll drop her nap early to

FormerlyFrikadela01 Mon 16-Jan-17 14:34:49

My 7 month old resists napping like you wouldn't believe.

Never has more than 2 x 30 minutes during the day. Little sod

Seeline Mon 16-Jan-17 14:38:37

Both mine dropped their last naps at 18 months. Ds did it gradually - mainly because I was trying desperately to keep it up, but he wouldn't play along!
DD went from having a 3hr nap every day to nothing over night. Sounds like he has had enough of napping.

FATEdestiny Mon 16-Jan-17 14:56:49

I think the key is a child who will go to sleep when tired (rather than going to sleep being hard work or a battle).

If you have a child who can go to sleep when tired, then trust their body clock. If child is fine on the amount of sleep he is getting then that's just his natural body rhythm and so just follow his lead.

The only time you need question this is if you have a baby who may well not go to sleep when tired. It's with these types of children that parents have to take control in setting the routine.

But if your child can regulate his own body clock by going to sleep when tired, just follow baby's less.

FATEdestiny Mon 16-Jan-17 14:57:25

baby's lead*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now