Talk

Advanced search

Sleep or lack thereof

(3 Posts)
Exhaustedmum123 Sat 14-Jan-17 01:11:31

I am a second time mum looking for some advice please.
My daughter has just turned seven months old.
I have established what I think to be a fairly decent bedtime routine in that she is breastfeed at around 6.30 - 7 and then using controlled crying techniques she goes to sleep. However she is now waking three times a night, usually at around the same times which makes me think habitual. My real issue is that in the night I am struggling to get her back to sleep without breastfeeding her. I am trying to let her self sooth but I find this really difficult because I have a 5 year old and a husband that I don't want to wake. I am just so tired so would appreciate any words of wisdom!

FastWindow Sat 14-Jan-17 01:14:02

Attend to the 7 month old, not the 5 year old (who will sleep deeply) and ignore your dh completely.

FATEdestiny Sat 14-Jan-17 14:33:41

What have you given baby to sooth herself with?

Dummy, snuggle toy?

You have a baby with highly advanced manual dexterity and cognative thinkibg abilities if at 7 months she can search for her comforter, find it in the dark, pick it up, turn it over and around to get it the right way around , lie back down and use it to sooth herself back to sleep.

My children could do that with their dummy and blankie occassionally from about 8 months and consistantly from about 10 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now