Talk

Advanced search

4 year old getting up too early - advice please

(1 Post)
Brompsmum Wed 11-Jan-17 19:18:17

Hello

My 4 (nearly 5) year old daughter has always been a brilliant sleeper, sleeping for at least 12 hours and waking between 7 and 7.30am. For the last few months she has started waking early, anytime from 5 - 6.30am. She usually waits until 7am before coming into our room (when there is a 7 on her clock) and plays quietly in her bedroom until then.

The problem is that because of her early waking she is shattered by the time she gets home from school and consequently our evenings are very difficult. I've tried everything I can think of to get her back into her old routine but with no luck. I tried adjusting her bedtime (currently 7pm) both making it later and then earlier. I've tried changing the time that the central heating comes on in case that was disturbing her. I've woken early myself to see if anything else could be disturbing her. She has a blackout blind and isn't getting cold. She never naps in the day.

She started school last September and I think the early waking roughly started around then.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated. Her behaviour in the late afternoons and evenings is really starting to impact on our family.

Thanks so much xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now