Talk

Advanced search

Poor day time sleep

(2 Posts)
NiceBiscuit Tue 10-Jan-17 21:21:04

My 4 month old DD resists sleep during the day, what can I do to help her?

Night time sleep has been excellent for the last 4 weeks, she sleeps through with just one night feed so we've recently gradually moved bedtime to 8pm and she gets up between 6-8am (I know how lucky we are)

Day time naps are such a struggle, she won't sleep on me, the cot, bouncy chair, bed nest etc. I try to put her down as soon as I see sleepy cues but she has none of it. If we're lucky she will have a 15 min cat nap on me until I dare to move a musclem Walking for a couple of hours with the pram used to work but now she's far too alert to entertain the idea. I know she's tired as she gets increasingly upset and frustrated as the day goes on.

She has a dummy. Expressed BM for most feeds as she won't latch on. (Another reason I need to try and get decent naps established)

Any suggestions?

Pissedoffinsomniac Tue 10-Jan-17 23:57:49

Have you tried her in a sling? My DD is similar, and only things that work are BF to sleep, the sling or a car ride

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now