Talk

Advanced search

Please can anyone help/advise? !

(4 Posts)
usernoidea Tue 10-Jan-17 13:57:34

Can anyone give me any pointers as to why my 4 month old wakes so regularly after his initial 3hour sleep at night ? He goes down 6.30/7 then from about 10.30 onwards he seems to only sleep for no more than an hour at a time. He's not upset, he just is awake/noisy/thrashing around etc...
I do a dream feed about 10....then normally feed him about 2am again. He's ff and gets shitloads during the day (every 2.5hours) which he doesn't always finish.....
I just find the broken sleep cycle between midnight and 6am a fucking slog.....everyone says feed him more during day/put him in dark room etc...all of which I'm doing!!!

LittleSausageFingers Tue 10-Jan-17 21:17:14

Google four month sleep regression... It's a killer sad Their sleep cycles become more 'adult' around four months, so they enter periods of light sleep more frequently and therefore wake easier. My DD was a great sleeper from around 8 weeks, only waking once per night, then 4 months hit and she was up 4/5/6+ times a night. It didn't improve until recently and she's now 11 months angry

usernoidea Wed 11-Jan-17 06:34:32

Hi thanks. I know about the 4 month sleep regression, this has been happening from 6 weeks old!

Kariana Wed 11-Jan-17 17:05:37

Are you sure he's awake and not just a noisy sleeper who moves around a lot?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now