Talk

Advanced search

How to help baby sleep through again

(7 Posts)
Gracey893 Mon 09-Jan-17 09:37:10

I've always had problems with DD sleeping from she was little but she did get a little better. She is now nearly 9 months old. She was able to go to sleep on her own for naps and bedtime when put in her cot. She has only ever slept through the full night a handful of times though and other nights would have wakened once or twice for her pacifier, but once given went straight back over again. This I could deal with. She would go down about 8.30 and that would be her until 8 the next day minus wakening a couple of times.

She recently had a bad case of Bronchiolotis and was quite sick over Xmas for around 3 weeks. She isn't coughing as much anymore at night but since I haven't been able to get her to sleep aswell at night. I was in with her every hour last night crying the night before she was up wide awake from 4am. I can't seem to get her to get a full stretch of sleep again. She will sleep for only 3 hours and seems to waken again. I don't think I could do the cry it out method, has anyone any advice? I'm still being consistent with bedtime routine every night but she just doesn't seem to want to sleep. Any advice would be appreciated! Tired mummy

Kariana Mon 09-Jan-17 13:22:37

If you're sure she is well now and doesn't need you then it sounds like she's got used to you settling her to sleep every time she completes a sleep cycle. Where is she sleeping and what are you doing to get her back to sleep each time?

FATEdestiny Mon 09-Jan-17 14:18:21

What do you do when you go in? Is it just a dummy reinsert?

What do you do to make sure she can find her dummy in the dark? Toddlers are not very good at searching for things.

Gracey893 Mon 09-Jan-17 21:29:39

When I go in, I just put her doddie back in and leave again. I don't talk to her or touch her. She is in her own cot in her own room, has been from 4 months old as she is such a light sleeper and found she got a better sleep on her own. She has a couple of doddies in her cot but she doesn't do it herself. I just can't listen to her cry 😞 I keep hoping she falls back into her routine again but every night passes and it doesn't get better. I might try and leave her longer tonight but I'm worried she will properly waken and then I'm in for it lol

FATEdestiny Mon 09-Jan-17 21:38:05

Perhaps make it easier for her to find?

You can get a toy called s sleepytot that connects a dummy to the legs of the you. It make the dummy easier to find.

Or a dummy clip maybe?

Gracey893 Mon 09-Jan-17 22:38:32

Oh great will have a look! Thank you

Kariana Tue 10-Jan-17 16:46:07

Can she put it in her mouth by herself though? It's no good if she can find it but then doesn't have the skill/dexterity to put it in herself. Some practise during the day might help if that is the case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now