Talk

Advanced search

Almost 3 year old petrified of ghost(?) in her bedroom

(1 Post)
panad317 Thu 05-Jan-17 20:52:44

DD will be 3 in March. She has always been a good sleeper. For around 6 months she's been coming into our bed in the middle of the night. We can't hear her, she doesn't bother us and we love waking up with her in our bed so that's not a problem.

So, this week, back to routine and she has been terrified of going to bed each night, saying she can see a dragon. She does have a good imagination so I've been putting it down to this and have been firm all week, ignoring the comments and she's been crying herself to sleep. I feel awful.

Today I moved everything around in her bedroom and put some fairy lights on her curtain rail. She's been excited all day to go to bed. So, bath, story and bed. I kissed her and tucked her in and she said "thankyou for hoovering the dragon. There's a white man over there with white hair" I ignored her, told her to close her eyes and breathe slowly, she was calm and went to sleep.

Any experiences and advice appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now