Talk

Advanced search

15 week old baby will only sleep on me

(3 Posts)
gloopygloop Wed 04-Jan-17 15:55:36

I am looking for suggestions please.

My 15 week old baby will only sleep on me or next to me in bed, he is ebf at the moment. I have a sling which I put him in when I need to get things done but I'm finding the nights very difficult, my husband is worried about co-sleeping and so we are in different beds, I have a snuzpod but baby just cries as soon as he is apart from me.
We also have a 6 year old who is struggling with the lack of access to me, to add to the problems my husband works nights.
My thoughts at the moment are to establish a bed time routine for baby and to try to get him into his snuzpod but I don't know how to do this! Has anyone got any suggestions please?

moobeana Wed 04-Jan-17 18:43:30

We tried shush-pat (baby whisperer) at around the same time frame with dd2. It was a long process and took nearly 2 hours a night in the evenings to get her to settle originally, but eventually she started to learn to self settle and the times got shorter.

FATEdestiny Wed 04-Jan-17 19:00:20

Have you tried a swaddle and a dummy.

Both make for a deeper sleep so make transferring (ie putting baby down) easier.

I'd also recommend a bouncy chair for daytime naps. Bounce relentlessly until asleep

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: