Talk

Advanced search

Swaddle problems!!

(7 Posts)
YepYep1 Tue 03-Jan-17 08:05:39

So my daughter is almost 4 months old. Since birth and even before, she has always been "all arms" constantly flying around and her startle reflex was very strong so after some poor nights at the beginning we started to swaddle her which did the trick she even started sleeping through a couple of times. Now she has started getting her arms out of the swaddle suit which means instead of being up once a night or not at all, im up 6/7 times to swaddle and settle her. The last 2 nights we tried not swaddling and i was literally up once an hour with her. I dont think either of us can deal with that.
So, do i continue swaddling and if so can anybody recommend a good swaddle suit she wont escape from? Or does anybody have any suggestions on how to make it easier for her to transition or should i wait until she is less jolty with her arm?

Thanks guys!!! X

FATEdestiny Tue 03-Jan-17 08:39:14

I swaddled using a cot sheet cut in half al9ng the short edge to make two very long, thin rectangles.

It was long enough so that each side wrapped all the way around and underneath baby. The baby's physical weight then kept the swaddle tight.

But having to reswaddle is not unusual, regardless of the type you use.

How about teaming the swaddle with a dummy now baby is out of the newborn phase? Sucking is naturally calming and soothing for babies.

Tabitha1983 Tue 03-Jan-17 17:06:49

My DS (9 weeks) is currently starting to break free from swaddle too. I've just ordered a woombie! Can't recommend it as not tried it yet but they seem popular so I'm hoping it will b gr8?!! X

boobsaclock Tue 03-Jan-17 18:30:04

There's a 50:50 swaddle that's good at mothercare/amazon. Helps when you want to wean them off it too

Cocolocos Wed 04-Jan-17 17:30:49

We had the same issue and switched to the swaddle up (got it online from jojo maman bebe). They do a 50/50 version to help transition out of it too.

rebeccaroskellthomas Thu 05-Jan-17 10:06:10

Look at the miracle blanket! It is a miracle!

Tabitha1983 Sat 07-Jan-17 10:49:00

Just updating! So the woombie arrived...and baby slept 7pm-1:30am 😳🎉 Can't believe it, he was previously waking 3 hourly! He even mumbled a few times and self settled...hope it wasn't a one off lol! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now