Talk

Advanced search

Wonder Week Sleep

(4 Posts)
Tabitha1983 Mon 02-Jan-17 08:19:57

Hi everyone..happy new year! So far mine has been a sleep deprived blur lol!
Just wondering people's thoughts....my 9 week old baby boy has gone from sleeping quite well between 7pm-6am...waking 3-4 hourly overnight, quick feed and straight back down in his snuz pod attached to my bed 👌
However...the 8/9 week wonder week has hit and it's all gone wrong! He's very difficult to settle now at bedtime then basically is waking 1-2 hourly needing settled with either breast feed or dummy/rocking 😴
I guess my question is...do you just accept frequent feeding/co-sleeping during wonder weeks or is this starting bad habits that he will get used to in the long run?? X

FATEdestiny Mon 02-Jan-17 14:20:30

At 9 weeks old I would assume every wake up and every cry indicated baby was hungry, so feed.

Once out if of the fourth trimester, so 4 months ish, then I start trying to resettle with a dummy and cuddle in the cosleeper first and only feeding if the resettle doesnt work.

But at 9 weeks old, a wake will almost certainly mean baby needs the calories. You could trying feeding more frequently during the day. A big, full feed every 2 hours (or less) during the daytime will mean fewer calories are needed at night.

Tabitha1983 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:47:40

I think I feel the same really?...it's so hard to know how much they are having when EBF too and I'd hate to think he was hungry. It's just when he feeds for 2mins then falls back asleep I'm not convinced it was any thing other than mummy dummy haha!
I'll try the 2 hourly feeding in the day to see if this helps thanks. I would quite like DH to be able to help out but baby is completely refusing a bottle!!....but that's another thread I guess?!

FATEdestiny Mon 02-Jan-17 22:45:32

You could try a dummy to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now