Talk

Advanced search

Baby waking after 40 mins

(6 Posts)
Cosycottage4 Sun 01-Jan-17 13:16:02

DS is 3mo and settles himself to sleep really well/goes for a good long stretch at night (7pm till 4.30ish)... like my DD, he REALLY needs his sleep or is super grumpy

Over the last few weeks, he's gone from
napping really well during the day to waking after the first sleep cycle (40 mins) every single nap (x3 per day)...and will then basically be furious until his next nap. It's driving me potty and I don't know what to do! Help!!

Timetogrowup2016 Sun 01-Jan-17 13:28:23

This is very normal.
I would encourage 4-5 naps instead and shorten awake time

RLG87 Sun 01-Jan-17 13:34:09

My little girl is the same age and doing exactly the same! I have been experimenting with both shorter awake times, and also once a day rocking her back to sleep straight away so she has two 40 minute sleeps back to back. So far results are mixed, but I plan to keep trying different things until I find what makes her least grumpy! Let me know if you find anything that works for you.

starsinyourpies Sun 01-Jan-17 13:47:13

Mine woke up like clockwork after 45 mins at that age, I read an article that said go in at 5 mins before they are due to wake up and give them a nudge to semi wake them up, they then fall asleep again into another sleep cycle. After a week or so of doing this mine slept for 1.5 hours at a time. Worth a try!

Carta60 Sun 01-Jan-17 14:39:28

Try whatever works. My dd slept in the sling a lot longer at that age. I think 3-6 months is really hard for naps and everything in general as the development is so rapid and they are frustrated that they can't really move around.
My sisters dd is 18 months and napped a lot better at about 8 months when she could move around. Are you breast feeding?

user1483309946 Sun 01-Jan-17 22:57:07

Hi mums looking for some help. My son is 6 1/2 months and won't sleep through the night. He is on solids and loves his food and milk but not matter what he won't sleep through. I have tried everything and still do the dinner, play, bath, bottle and bed but he will go down about 7 then is up about 8.30 and that's him till midnight, then he will get up again about 3/4 for a feed then up at 6/7 I don't mind the during the night feed it's just of I could get him to stay down at 7. Honestly tried everything. Helllppp please x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now