Talk

Advanced search

Analyse 2yo bedtime - sleeping away?

(3 Posts)
RolfsBabyGrand Fri 30-Dec-16 23:09:57

Grateful for any advice!

I'm a single mum, ex keeps mentioning wanting overnight with 2yo. I know that currently it would be too stressful for DC but it's something to work towards. What plan would you put in place based on current routine, and what timescale??

Current bedtime
7pm Upstairs for bath
7.30 Run round naked jumping on bed
7.45 Lie down for story/chat (we Co sleep despite him having bed he's never slept in it, I've not pushed it cos dunno how plus breastfeeding)
- Boobs available throughout all of this for breastfeeding
8pm- lights off, lay beside him until he's asleep, sneak out.
- I usually fall asleep on sofa
12.00 - DC calls for me so I go up to bed, bit of booby, sleep
6.00 onwards - boobs/doze on and off till around half 7.

I quite like our routine - apart from the midnight summoning but I worry if I sleep in bed from the get-go he'll wake and want boob. Just conscious it's very based on me being there to reassure him and I hate the idea of him feeling lost and calling for me (sees dad fortnightly weekends).

FATEdestiny Sat 31-Dec-16 11:49:42

He can cosleep with his Dad. At 2 years old he certainly doesn't need night feeds, just comfort. Assuming his Dad is perfectly happy to cuddle and cosleep for comfort, it can happen at any time.

unlimiteddilutingjuice Sat 31-Dec-16 11:53:40

Watching with interest as Dd has a similar routine and I would like to move towards overnights with GPs.
I have substituted night feeds for a little cuddle and some back rubbing- so maybe start there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now