Talk

Advanced search

Euan the dream sheep.... night time saviour or unbearable woolly wankpuffin?

(29 Posts)
SmallBee Fri 30-Dec-16 02:32:13

5 mo DS used to sleep really well... then BAM! hit four months and cannot settle himself. the moment you pick him up and hold him he's fast asleep so he's not up all night to party.
however I can't stay up all night holding him and I'm hoping there is a magical solution in this sodding dream sheep.
with DD we brought a slumber Ted who was fucking useless and went in the bin. he didn't go off when he should have and did go off at 3am in a dead silent house. is the sheep the same? or is he worth it? I just want to sleep.

Soubriquet Fri 30-Dec-16 02:36:25

Ewan is a godsend here

But he's manual meaning you need to switch him on not automatic.

Turns off after 20 mins

firsttimemum15 Fri 30-Dec-16 02:38:37

You have to press Ewan to activate him so he wint jusy go off. He dies consime a lot of batteries though.

Not a miricle worker for us but know hr has been for others. Im using bient music now

Ps sympathise. Same haplenrd here at 5months took ages to impr9ve. Keep being gentle youre doing great x

SmallBee Fri 30-Dec-16 06:47:27

it sounds like he might be worth a go then. I've currently got a machine but it doesn't turn itself off special ends up being on all night. thank you

MrsLen Fri 30-Dec-16 07:12:54

Morning, we have just bought a my hummy for 6 week DS which turns itself off after an hour and also will sense when he is waking up and start with white noises again.

Still early days but he seems to like it and was got on recommendation of a past post on here.

http://myhummy.co.uk/

NannyOggsKnickers Fri 30-Dec-16 07:15:21

I would recommend Sound Sleeper, which is an app for your phone. We put ours on the iPad and leave it in DDs room. Works really well.

NannyOggsKnickers Fri 30-Dec-16 07:16:10

Oh, and Euan wasn't anywhere near loud enough. He is indeed a pile of wank.

TheRealCurlySue Fri 30-Dec-16 07:20:51

We love Ewan! Even my eldest (nearly two( still goes to sleep with him. Not always on but just in bed. My six month old also has one. In fact I like Ewan so much I really missed going to sleep with the noise when mine went in their own room sadgrin

soundsystem Fri 30-Dec-16 07:26:38

We loved Ewan for DD. we turned off the glowing red light, though, it was mildly disturbing!

LalaLeona Fri 30-Dec-16 07:28:25

Wank puffin hahaaaa

Loraline Fri 30-Dec-16 07:37:38

Ds1 loved it as white noise really worked for him. Ds2 preferred music and it didn't really work for him (even the music setting)

FATEdestiny Fri 30-Dec-16 10:55:43

A dummy is a far more effective solution.

firsttimemum15 Fri 30-Dec-16 22:34:18

@Fatedestiny not if baby wont take a dummy or you choose other ways to comfort your child
My baby will not suck a dummy. I wont spend time and effort trying. She wont take a bottle wither though

fruityb Fri 30-Dec-16 22:38:13

Have used white noise with DS since he was about two weeks old and have used sleep bug for that time. When DS woke up I used to put my phone in his Moses basket with the wave sounds and he'd go straight back off. He got a Ewan for Christmas and seems to like it. Don't have the light on as it's just too bright but the harp noise is very pleasant and the other ones seem to work. He likes it. He's in his own room now so it's quite handy when he wakes up to nip in, pop the dummy back in and click a leg on Ewan.

JassyRadlett Fri 30-Dec-16 22:39:59

Ewan was brilliant for both mine, and the woman who runs the company is lovely. Best customer service I've ever had.

FATEdestiny Fri 30-Dec-16 22:40:55

It's all about having realistic expectations at the end of the day. White noise is great for a light sleeper op. It's not likely to be a magic want though.

PS - normal table fan is great for white noise in the bedroom. Air circulation (even if not facing the bed) can be soothing too. Worth a try if that's your thing.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 30-Dec-16 22:45:33

Ewan is way too quiet and eats batteries and has odd staring eyes. He's still a fixture here though, for his red light. The four month sleep regression is the wank puffin imo

welshgirlwannabe Fri 30-Dec-16 22:46:27

Ewan is kind of expensive and 20 minutes of white noise isn't long enough. YouTube has plenty of recodings of 11 hours of white noise.

fruityb Sat 31-Dec-16 01:30:54

As someone currently suffering with a son who wakes shrieking at half midnight and wailing for an hour or more and refusing to go back to sleep I can honestly say four month sleep regression can fuck the fuck off. DS literally shrieks when he wakes up and I fucking hate it. It's entirely unpredictable as he's slept through more lately only for it to come back with a bastard vengeance. I absolutely hate this.

firsttimemum15 Sat 31-Dec-16 01:34:18

For everyone saying hes too quiet did u
Yiu know he has a louder setting. Look inside

rosewineisgreat Sat 31-Dec-16 01:40:28

We LOVE Ewan.

Aliveinwanderland Sat 31-Dec-16 01:47:50

We gave up with Ewan as he eats batteries! They would last 2/3 days max!

We use an app on my phone- stick it on airplane mode to be safe and DS loves his hairdryer noise!

SmallBee Sat 31-Dec-16 04:06:29

notwithout

SmallBee Sat 31-Dec-16 04:10:47

wtf? I just typed out this long post but it's just posted the first word
stupid android app.

notwithout

SmallBee Sat 31-Dec-16 04:12:40

This app is giving me the rage, have signed in to the mobile site now.....

RIGHT

notwithout & fruity it's the absolute worst isn't it? DD was just crap at sleeping the whole time so we didn't notice the regression in amongst the rest of it. DS was supposed to be the good sleeper! how I laugh, bitterly, now. at least he's slept until 2am today.

Unfortunately DS won't have a dummy, it makes him confused and furious in that order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now