Talk

Advanced search

13 month early waking

(2 Posts)
Earlybird2015 Thu 29-Dec-16 08:13:29

Hi everyone,

I have a 13 month old who wakes between 4 and 5 and I'm very tired and would love her to go to at least 5:30!! It's been 6 weeks and started once she started sleeping 'through' (once I stopped night feeds). She self settles at night and day going into her cot awake and chatting. She sleeps without stirring until 4/5. I've tried the following to no avail - any further bright ideas?

- she's difinitely not hungry eating like a small adult in the day
- she has large tea at 5 then 200-250 ml of cows milk at 6:30 and goes to bed awake at 7:15
- tried 'wake to sleep' stirring her at about 3:30 (but only a few times)
- bringing her into bed doesn't work
- need to avoid feeding and putting back down or her falling asleep on the boob as it was a battle to stop night feeding in first place
- tried putting heating on earlier and all night
- it's not outside noise as wakes at same time regardless of where we are staying
- she has soft toys to play with
- she doesn't sleep for more than 3 to 3-1/4 hours a day (usually 1:45 7:30-9:15am and 1-2:30 at lunch time) total sleep 13 hours
- rocking/cuddling and putting back down at 4 works for a bit if my husband does it
- have tried leaving her to protest (she is awake and crying not awake and chatting unfortunately) between 4 and 5 as won't feed her until 5 as a rule (in my own head) since night weaning. But after 3 weeks of horrid mornings it didn't work so I didn't want to continue doing that.

I'm breast feeding for the morning feed still and I think she is just waking for the cuddles and not the food. I don't really want to drop the BF and love the cosy time, but would just rather we had cuddles a wee bit later?!

Anyone have any ideas??

Thank you

FATEdestiny Thu 29-Dec-16 10:04:52

7:30-9:15am

Early nap is the problem. It becomes an extension of night sleep so perpetuates and encourages early mornings.

In addition 13h sleep in 24h really isn't enough. You mention "now allowing" too much daytime sleep. I wouldn't be limiting sleep, I'd be encouraging more.

I would aim for 9-11am nap and 2-4pm nap with a 7-8pm bedtime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now