Talk

Advanced search

1yo just won't go to sleep!

(4 Posts)
Blimeygirl Tue 27-Dec-16 20:16:11

So I'm hoping that someone may be able to impart some wisdom about my DS. He is nearly one and has a pretty reliable routine for bedtime and had been doing well by learning to self settle. He pretty much sleeps through with maybe one resettle not every night. So although his routine has gone to pot over Christmas he will not go down to sleep and especially not for me. He just screams, stands up and throws his dummy away.

We stay with him and do gradual retreat but just don't want this hot and a half battle each night. He is so tired so is put to bed at 7pm or as early as half six if he is tired.

Help me Mumsnet!

HomeIsWhereTheGinisNow Tue 27-Dec-16 20:17:30

Right, when does he wake up? Does he have a lunchtime nap and if so, when and for how long?

ero30 Tue 27-Dec-16 20:21:13

This is the exact predicament I'm in right now. I have no helpful advice but will be watching to see what others offer! My 1yo has always been pretty good about bedtime but in the past couple weeks it's turned into such a battle. And then if she does get up in the night (let's be honest...WHEN she gets up in the night) one of us generally ends up co-sleeping with her just to get her to go back down. I've had some success recently with giving her a bottle to have in bed but really I just want this to get easier! She has a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, usually around 12:30. I'm just so tired and ready for this mythical 7-7 sleep people keep promising me!

Blimeygirl Tue 27-Dec-16 20:29:23

He wakes up normally around half six ish but again that has been much later over the last few days. This morning he woke at 5 but we settled him (he gets resettled anytime before 6) but today he woke at 9.20 for the day! He tends to still like two naps and they vary in length from 25 minutes (!) to 2 hours if he only has one. We managed to crack the co sleeping hence why he is just resettled before six as that is our cut off time for up for the day.

We started bedtime at 7 and he is still not asleep. It's like he has learned the routine and is just having a tantrum about it. He has rather a hot temper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now