Talk

Advanced search

When did you wean off the Sleepyhead?

(9 Posts)
ThisSeason Tue 27-Dec-16 19:26:24

DD is about to turn one. Looking to wean off the Sleepyhead Grand and move to pillow and duvet in her cotbed. Sleepyhead is already in the cotbed. Anyone have any experience / tips?

DappledThings Tue 27-Dec-16 20:42:14

We did it at 8 months. He didn't even notice! Just took it away one night and that was that

Beansprout30 Wed 28-Dec-16 09:17:40

Removed it from my dd last week she's only five months but she wasn't fussed at all

ThisSeason Wed 28-Dec-16 10:59:32

Yeah I have a feeling it won't be that easy for us.

digsydel Wed 28-Dec-16 11:04:21

We stopped using it quite young - about 3 months. I let DS use it for the hardest sleep which was getting him down first time during the night but took it away during one of his night feeds as I was relatively confident he would go back to sleep anyway. Started using it less and less from there. That said as your child is so much older I doubt that specifically would work but maybe try something similar - keep it for the times she has a hard time going to sleep, but try take it away in the nap/sleep period you're most comfortable with.

Heatherbell1978 Wed 28-Dec-16 11:07:21

DS1 was 5 months. Did it the same time as he moved to the cot. He didn't didn't seem too bothered, I think he enjoyed the additional freedom it then gave him as he started sleeping on his side then. Funny enough we loaned it to a friend who is struggling to wean their 8 month old off it but we need to back as I'm expecting soon!!

ThisSeason Wed 28-Dec-16 19:52:40

Thanks digsy and heather.

I like the idea of using it for 'easy' naps; the morning one is a dead cert here so I may go for that. I do think sleeping bag and sleepyhead combo is causing restriction issues.

boobsaclock Thu 29-Dec-16 10:59:00

We just graduated to the sleepyhead grande

Popskipiekin Tue 03-Jan-17 10:00:03

We took away cold turkey at 3 months - going to parents one Christmas and taking it with us was a step too far. I was very anxious but baby was fine (he was in a grobag by then which helped). You could always put some rolled up towels under the cot sheet to create a sleepyhead-lite?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now