Talk

Advanced search

7 month old baby keeps rolling onto stomach

(7 Posts)
carlywaa Mon 26-Dec-16 00:18:38

I've read online that once they can roll over onto their stomachs it's okay to leave them there BUT I can't help panicking sad
Son is capable of rolling onto front & back over onto his back & can push up onto his arms. Am I overreacting by worrying so much? It's just so drummed into you that 'safe sleep' needs to be on their backs & I'm terrified of SIDS sad
Thanks x

Tootsiepops Mon 26-Dec-16 00:21:15

Have you got a breathing mat? I barely slept after my daughter was born last year (intense post-natal anxiety) - then we got her cot hooked up to monitors. It made me feel loads better

HirplesWithHaggis Mon 26-Dec-16 00:22:58

He'll be fine. Just be more aware if you put him down to lie on the bed for a minute so he doesn't roll off! grin

(And if he does, he won't be the first or the last.)

Crumbs1 Mon 26-Dec-16 00:23:03

He's meant to learn to roll over. It's a good thing. Be pleased.
Very, very few babies die from sudden infant death syndrome (thankfully). Don't get to paranoid about a healthy baby.

ijustwannadance Mon 26-Dec-16 00:24:27

I thought it was only up to 6 months? He's clearly strong enough to right himself if needed. Try not to worry.

TheABC Mon 26-Dec-16 00:34:59

DD is sleeping next to me on her front - her preference as she has a cold. Also 7 months old. As long as she can change position and not overheat, I try not worry.

FATEdestiny Mon 26-Dec-16 09:52:33

Am I overreacting by worrying so much?

Yes grin

Put him to sleep on his back, If he rolls over so be it. If he wakes and needs resetting, put him back on his back. If he stays asleep, leave him

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: