Talk

Advanced search

Remind me what might work with 4 month sleep regression

(3 Posts)
Shanster Mon 19-Dec-16 02:23:46

DC3 is nearly 4 months old and for the past month has been up at least every 2 hours at night. He's EBF and before this started he was sleeping 11 hours straight. I'm back at work (full time) and can barely string a coherent sentence together. I've been feeding him nearly every time he wakes, if DH goes to him with a dummy he goes nuts. I've been trying a bit of hand stroking/shushing, white noise, etc....
Remind me what might work? I think I might banish DH to the spare room and just co-sleep with him for a bit. My other 2 weren't great sleepers either, I'd forgotten just how exhausting this bit can be!!!

UnbelievablyChocolatey Mon 19-Dec-16 03:19:49

I did exactly what you have just suggested. Co-slept for a while in the spare room with 10 month old DS, then DH took over at the weekend. Luckily he wasn't in that phase very long, however had a bit of a regression again around 8 months at which point we did exactly the same thing. Good luck OP!

FATEdestiny Mon 19-Dec-16 13:02:09

How about a bedside cot? (Remove one side off a normal cot bed and wedge it up to your bed).

It means you can feed lying down, "scoot" baby back into cot without lifting when done and pop dummy in - all without leaving your bed or even opening your eyes very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now