Talk

Advanced search

13month old still not sleeping through the night...

(9 Posts)
illamumma1987 Sun 18-Dec-16 22:09:54

My son is 13months old, he was premature/ bottle fed and has no experience with sleep training

His routine is: wake up 8am / breakfast 9am /nap 10-11am lunch between 12-1ish / nap 2ish / dinner at 4:30 /bath at 5:30/6ish he has his night bottle with me then I put him in his cot awake but sleepy with dummy for 6:30/ latest 7pm

Then the fun starts!!! He wakes up the same times most nights : 10pm, 12am and then 4am

About a month ago I stopped feeding him milk at night - I now offer him water - but his still waking even for water...

Does anyone have any advise or tips?

Thanks

Abbie

eurochick Sun 18-Dec-16 22:44:28

Many babies don't sleep through at that age. Mine was 18-19 months and by no means the last of her peers to sleep through! It's shit but my advice would be they will get there in their own time.

FATEdestiny Sun 18-Dec-16 22:49:56

How much is he drinking through the daytime? He could be dehydrated.

At 12 months my dd was drinking about 500ml-1000ml of diluted squash plus about 20oz of milk through the daytime.

grounddown Sun 18-Dec-16 22:51:41

Same as PP, my DS didn't sleep through until he was 2 and a half.....my DD was sleeping 12 hours a night at 3 months, go figure.
Unfortunately you just have to find a way to get through it that works for you. I did start to give him weetabix with warm milk with his bottle before bed when he got to about 18 months (a friend suggested it) and he seemed to sleep a bit better but offering him more food in the day without the weetabix didn't make any difference IYSWIM.

grounddown Sun 18-Dec-16 22:52:36

He's 4 now and sleeps like a log...

Poocatcherchampion Sun 18-Dec-16 22:55:29

My 14mo often wakes up at 4ish. I just hug and back down. Have done since I stopped night feeding at 11mo. It is totally normal. I'm not sure if it is trainable - as an adult I always wake up at least once in the night.

We only go in if he is wailing though so we don't go in every night.

rachyconks Sun 18-Dec-16 22:55:30

Almost 3 here and still waking 2/3 times. You get used to it. Getting them back to bed/sleep gets easier. You accept they are shit sleepers (but still harbour hope that one day it will happen) hmm

AngryVagina Sun 18-Dec-16 22:55:36

Mine was 17mo and at nearly 21mo she still has nights where she wakes. Totally normal, you don't need to do anything different.

illamumma1987 Sun 18-Dec-16 23:35:59

Thank you your comments, I now realise I'm not alone and actually I'm not to panic yet!

Im defo going to look at what he is eating and drinking during the day as yes that's got to be a big factor why he is waking up so much....I'm defo going to try all the tips & suggestions - thanks for all the reassurance and advice it's much appreciated smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now