Talk

Advanced search

Teething? Help me !

(7 Posts)
littlebigone Sat 17-Dec-16 00:51:57

My daughter has always been an excellent sleeper, we have a set bedtime routine and until Monday this week she always slept through.

Since Monday it has been awful. Up every hour distraught and it is sometimes impossible to settle her. Her bottom and top teeth have already come through but she is still dribbling a lot with red cheeks. Is it possible more teeth are coming even though the ones she has only appeared on the last 10 days?

She has a nasty cold too which isn't helping.

I am so tired. I have tried the leave her for three minutes, then five etc but sometimes it is as if she isn't even awake.

Got her sleeping on me right now in my bed, no idea how long it will be before she wakes though and I won't sleep as I am very aware of the dangers of co sleeping. Plus I am not very comfy.

She is 9 months and any advice would be taken so gratefully.

Pipsicola Sat 17-Dec-16 07:33:14

Sorry don't have any real advice other than it will get better! My 9 month old is usually good (although not as good as yours!) at sleeping and she's just finished a week of awful sleeping with her teeth. (She now has 8!)

All I can suggest is do what you need to for you both to sleep. Look up how to co-sleep safely as this has really helped with us. Some calpol before bed?

As she has been a good sleeper and you have a good routine, she should return to this once she's feeling better.

FuckingHellz Sat 17-Dec-16 07:36:06

Just go with it and do whatever works so you can both get at least some sleep.

Calpol was shit for my dd, didn't do a thing. The nurafen worked! Also the Anbusol liquid was good.

You'll get through it flowers and cake

ohfourfoxache Sat 17-Dec-16 07:42:49

Could well be that there are others on the push/on their way

We found these helpful:

Calpol and nurofen (Google how to alternate them - I can't remember exactly and I don't want to advise the wrong thing)

Dentinox or bonjela teething gel

Nelsons teething granules (we call them baby crack)

Put damp flannels in the fridge- they are good to suck on

Nuk teething sticks - you can put them in the freezer

Ice teething rings

It does get better but it's hell when you're going through it thanks

FATEdestiny Sat 17-Dec-16 15:06:45

Teeth usually come in pairs and one of my children had her teeth come through in fours (two top, two bottom, symmetrical) so I guess she could be doing a nassuve teething session and the first 8 all cutting through together

(I pity you when molars cut, if that's the same)

It's just a case of managing best you can when teeth cut.

I do max daily dose of Calpol and ibuprofen for 3 or so days. I find one does just at bedtime isn't helpful - best to build up pain relief with doses every 4 hours.

Then cosleep or at least room share (ie being cot into your room) through the worse if it.

Lunalovepud Sat 17-Dec-16 15:09:00

All of the above is excellent advice.

The only thing I would add is that you also need wine and cake for you. Sending solidarity - it's a really crap time for you and LO.

littlebigone Sat 17-Dec-16 16:18:31

Thanks all. I am so so tired. And did it cake earlier and will have a glass of wine tonight !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now