Talk

Advanced search

Can you use a sleepyhead in a Moses basket?

(13 Posts)
strongmilknosugar Tue 29-Nov-16 14:30:33

Or is it as a replacement to a Moses basket?

I'm due in March and just making a list of what I should buy.

Thanks all.

Orangedaisy Tue 29-Nov-16 14:36:11

It's an alternative to a Moses basket. We put ours straight in the cot and didn't have a Moses basket.

strongmilknosugar Tue 29-Nov-16 14:38:27

Ahh ok, thanks. I don't have enough room in our bedroom for a cot in there so maybe I'll have to look at something else!

MYA2016 Tue 29-Nov-16 14:44:55

It wouldn't fit in our moses basket but did fit in a snuzpod (attaches to side of cot)

strongmilknosugar Tue 29-Nov-16 14:47:33

Thanks, did you mean to the side of your bed (rather than cot)?

Orangedaisy Tue 29-Nov-16 14:55:24

We had a mini cot as our cotbed wouldn't fit in bedroom. Just a cheap one, lasted dd until she was about 9 months, then she went in cot bed. Worked for us and now DD2 is on the way she can stay in mini cot until dd1 moves to real bed (3 year age gap). Tmi probably grin

strongmilknosugar Tue 29-Nov-16 15:00:15

Thanks orange. I'll have a look into them. Tbh, I'm hoping to have him/her in their own room after the first few months. This is my first so I may change my mind once they're here!!

seven201 Tue 29-Nov-16 15:41:42

We have a sleepyhead in a bedside crib (snuzpod). Works well for us. Btw official advice is to keep the baby in with you for first 6 months - it's to do with cot death. Of course a lot of people do move their baby out sooner; each to their own.

FirstTimeMummy25 Tue 29-Nov-16 22:13:29

We had a next to me crib with a sleepyhead inside. Worked really well for us! Kept DS in our room until he was about 6.5 months old

SausageSoda Tue 29-Nov-16 22:22:53

I have snuzpod beside bed and put sleepyhead inside it

minipie Tue 29-Nov-16 22:36:26

I put the sleepyhead straight on our bed next to me (we have a king size). DH slept in the spare room after the first week or so. Then at about 6 weeks we moved the sleepyhead into DD's cot next door (I'm a very light sleeper and couldn't sleep at all with her noises.).

strongmilknosugar Thu 01-Dec-16 08:48:26

Thanks all, I'll look into the snuzpod.

Mini - not sure DH would be happy in the spare room, and I'd miss him!!

minipie Thu 01-Dec-16 10:57:02

Yeah... that's what we thought strong... but then a week in we realised we couldn't both be awake half the night with DD! Especially once he went back to work. So he went to the spare room to get better sleep. His job was to take over with DD whenever she was being particularly hard to settle and take her for a few hours in the morning so I could catch up on sleep (I went to the spare room)

You may have a better sleeper of course!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now