Talk

Advanced search

Disjointed bedtime

(3 Posts)
Carta60 Tue 29-Nov-16 08:17:57

DD is 19 weeks. Has 2/3 naps a day and gets grumpy about 6.30 at night so we do bath and feed and bedtime routine. She is breastfed and normally is asleep by 7ish. However she seems to be treating this now as another nap and is awake again about 7.45. She is then wide awake for another hour before settling properly.
We keep the lights low and stay in the bedroom in this awake time but just wondered if I should be going with a later bedtime and just letting her have another nap about 6ish?

FATEdestiny Tue 29-Nov-16 13:07:50

Many parents, me included, follow SIDS recommendations that baby sleeps in the same room parents are until tgey they are 6 months old.

Therefore whilst we would do a loose bedtime routine at any awake time around 7pm-8pm, baby then continues to nap as she did in the daytime - in the bouncy chair downstairs.

Then I'd wait until a later evening wake up and use that as my bedtime call. So I'd go upstairs with baby to do the feed and we'd both go to bed then.

I didn't move baby's early evening bedtime upstairs until the time came that she stopped waking up late evening. Once I had to start waking baby to take her up to bed with me (rather than her waking natually for a feed), then I'd start settling upstairs after the bedtime routine. Until then baby's "daytime" was the same as my daytime - 7am-11pm ish.

idontlikealdi Tue 29-Nov-16 13:11:51

DTs slept in the lounge until I went to bed at that age - they were always fussy in the evenings and it followed SIDS guidelines.

I would feed them upstairs at ten and then put them down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now