Talk

Advanced search

Angelcare monitor

(4 Posts)
Milkand2sugarsplease Mon 28-Nov-16 23:34:47

Loosely sleep related but wasn't sure where else to post.

We have the angelcare monitor which has been fantastic for the last 3 years until yesterday!!

Absolutely nothing has changed regarding the monitor - it's position etc but yesterday it started with a really weird interference/repetitive buzzing (almost purring) noise. On occasion it's also seemed to pick up sounds from another monitor as we've heard talking/lullabies but it's generally just the repeated buzzing noise.

I've changed the channel several times, I've switched off all electrical sockets nearby (though it's never been a problem before), I've switched off and on again, and tonight I've spent a tenner on brand new batteries for it but it's still doing it.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?? It's well out of warranty at 3y old so it seems pointless approaching angelcare but I'm gonna give them a call to ask if I'm missing something.

ijustwannadance Mon 28-Nov-16 23:42:15

Have any of your close neighbours had a baby recently if you're getting inteference?

Milkand2sugarsplease Tue 29-Nov-16 00:18:48

That's the only thing I could think - esp with the lullabies coming through. The trouble is that some of my neighbours are not really neighbours - our back gardens back on to each other and they actually live on a different street - so I've no way of knowing if any of those have a new baby - short of going door to door grin

lilywhite32 Tue 29-Nov-16 00:21:34

Mine has been doing the same so I'm interested to see if you find a solution!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now