Talk

Advanced search

New address... Number 1, wits' end 😩

(5 Posts)
Sparklycurtainpole Sat 26-Nov-16 07:01:22

In a nutshell.
Five year old didn't sleep until she was two
Three year old still doesn't reliably sleep through and is often up 2-3 times per night
Six month old wakes every 45 minutes to 1 hour and refuses to settle unless breastfed. Is always put down awake so can self settle but just can't seem to transition through sleep cycles without help.
If left, he screams for literally hours. The older two are exhausted from lack of sleep as baby keeps them awake pretty much every night.
Not so bad for three year old as they can have a nap but five year old is really struggling at school now with sleep deprivation.
Partner works away so I'm on my own with them.
Baby has chronic reflux and is on meds from gp.
Hv due to visit and review feeding and sleeping in a couple of weeks.
I am beyond exhausted as baby has never slept longer than 2 hours both day and night and then I have two other small children to look after.
If one more person helpfully tells me that their baby sleeps through I'm likely to do some crazy miss piggy style ninja moves on them!
Just want reassurance that I'm not alone in this and am not a crappy failing parent who can't get their kids to sleep. Is there anyone else out there who is this ruddy tired and who actually has babies who don't sleep rather than Mary poppins mums with babies who sleep 12 sodding hours straight?
Misery loves company and I want to know I'm not the only one rocking the night shift!
Come share your tiredness woes!

lornathewizzard Sat 26-Nov-16 08:08:42

Jeez man that sounds rough. No advice but flowers for you.
My baby doesn't sleep through but he's only 16 weeks so wouldn't expect him to. And 2.4yo DD likes to share our bed from variable times of the night. But at least we're generally all getting sleep.
Hope things pick up as the baby gets older chocolate

NEMSparkle Sat 26-Nov-16 09:46:28

3hrs sleep in total last night I average 4hrs on a normal night. 18 month old who just won't sleep through and is up 2 times and 7 month old with reflux who will do a 4hr stretch on a good night! Sparkly I feel your pain! flowerschocolate

RedLemonade Sat 26-Nov-16 12:27:42

Yep. 4 month old currently coasting on a sleep regression. 2.5 year old wakes at least once.

Not as bad as you but still, I'm certainly not anticipating a full night's sleep for at least a further 2 years. (Grim realist emoticon.)

Highlove Sat 26-Nov-16 14:37:32

I'm with you. 2.8 year old who is sleeps through approximately once a month. Generally up anywhere between 2 and 200 times taking anywhere from two minutes to two hours to go back down. Almost four month old who has apparently just had the memo about the regression..

Yawn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now