Talk

Advanced search

Please help me before I cry!

(8 Posts)
queendrama Wed 23-Nov-16 01:44:48

So I will start at the beginning...
My exclusively BF baby was jaundice day 2 so she spent a week in hospital under lamps. I BF on demand. Week 2 back to hospital with prolonged jaundice. Week 3 early onset colic, week 4 over active letdown week 5 reflux week 6 I'm tearing my flipping hair out!!! My boobs hurt, I'm tired, iv fell out with just about everyone and I want my baby to sleep.. just for a little longer than half hour at a time.. even if it's just once so I can have maybe a tiny nap?!? Pleaseeeeeeeeee help me! I currently have a sobbing baby that I have bathed, rocked, pushed, sang to, talked to, lights on, lights off, boob in, boob out, clothes on, clothes off, nappy on, nappy off...
I'm sure you get the picture sad
she's so unhappy all the time!!
I'm sorry to moan I just can't carry on like this, I have another child that just doesn't know what's going on

queendrama Wed 23-Nov-16 01:46:08

I hit post before I finished...
Any advice would be appreciated..
I just don't want her to be unhappy anymore and equally I don't want to be. I want to enjoy my newborn! X

DidILeaveTheGasOn Wed 23-Nov-16 02:05:26

God that sounds bloody rough. Two things. Would you consider combination feeding so you can get some rest and hand over to your partner if they're available? And secondly, did you get given medication for the reflux?

Snowkitty Wed 23-Nov-16 02:10:39

So sorry to hear this, this is so hard for you & you must be exhausted. Purely from the experience of a good friend your post brought to mind, which sounds similar, also EBF, her DS pretty much screamed for 22 hours a day for months until they eventually found he is lactose intolerant. I've no professional experience so could be way off the mark, so please get help from your GP, midwife or health visitor, this could be just a run of bad luck but if so it sounds pretty extreme to me. Meanwhile if you can have your DP or someone else you trust take care of your baby for a few hours each day while you sleep that might help you get through this.
Hope you get lots of support & find yourself in a better place soon.

octoberfarm Wed 23-Nov-16 02:11:45

Didn't want to read and run - sounds like you've had a really rubbish few weeks, you poor thing. Wahey for you still standing though, not lying there in a big heap on the floor! I ended up combi-feeding after about 6 weeks but also pumped one feed a day, so don't know if those are options you'd consider/that would work for you, but it made so much of a difference being able to hand LO off to DH/family when I really needed a nap. The nights are killer to start with but I promise it'll get better, and in the meantime, try to be kind to yourself. Treat yourself to special, tasty snacks and a good tv series to make the nights vaguely more appealing maybe, and just try to remember that nothing lasts forever smile

PleaseNotTrump Wed 23-Nov-16 02:17:52

I think you are amazing not to be crying already!

It IS exhausting with two, just remember it's just a stage and it will be easier soon.

Speak to your health visitor and try and find a relative to look after your baby while you sleep.

Have you tried cranial osteopathy? It helped us.

germainegrainne Wed 23-Nov-16 02:23:59

There is nothing worse than sleep deprivation. Maybe swaddling is worth a try? My daughter never slept longer than an hour or so at a time and swaddling was instantly miraculous for us. We had easy little zip up pods, zip baby in, feed and hopefully pop down to sleep. Good luck

DidILeaveTheGasOn Wed 23-Nov-16 02:34:46

My eldest had reflux and it was horrendous, . Dealing with that and adjusting to two kids would be a massive undertaking for sure, we have only just got used to having two kids and my youngest is a year. This is really hard op and the reflux is so hard to deal with in so many ways. There are support groups out there, I think there's a Facebook group as well which might help.

The two kids thing does get so much easier, particularly when sleep becomes possible. You will get through this x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now