Talk

Advanced search

Dreamfeed at 9 months??

(6 Posts)
Tumtitum Fri 18-Nov-16 18:38:56

DD is 9 and a bit months and mainly EBF with the odd bottle of formula now and then. She still wakes a few times a night, she goes longest when she first goes to sleep and normally sleeps until 1 (maybe a bit of a grizzle before but not a full on wake up) then I feed her at 1, then again around 3/4 and then if she wakes again after that I feed her again in bed and she may be awake from then (5/6) or if I'm lucky she falls asleep feeding and we get until 7/7.30. I count that as her morning feed so tell myself she only wakes twice in the night grin
I've been wondering if I woke her and fed her when I go to bed (about 9/10) if she might skip the 1am feed and go straight for the 3/4... I'm scared to try as I'm scared that she won't resettle after the feed or that she'll just think it's a bonus feed and still wake at 1!! I was just wondering if anyone has tried similar with an older baby and if it was successful or not??

Tumtitum Fri 18-Nov-16 18:39:49

Oh and she goes to bed between 6&6.30 so it usually asleep by 6.30/7, self settles with a bit of grizzling and thrashing around in her cot smile

Tumtitum Sat 19-Nov-16 20:01:24

Bump

HandbagFan Sat 19-Nov-16 20:22:06

It depends if she's waking for hunger or for other reasons... if she wakes hungry at 1, then feeding here at 10 should push this back. But is she really hungry at 1 or does she want comfort?

DS is 9m old and we used to kind of dream feed - he'd fall asleep downstairs at 8ish then we'd take him up after a bottle at 10ish - but since we moved him into his own room we don't wake him up anymore and he has a bottle before bed at 8 then straight through the night.

I don't have the answer, but hope someone does!

Tumtitum Sat 19-Nov-16 22:12:55

I'm sure it's not hunger every time but she does take a good feed when she wakes. Sometimes she settles herself. She just woke as she fell over in her cot and bumped her head and I couldn't settle her so fed her. Let's see what time she wakes now!!!

MerylPeril Sat 19-Nov-16 22:27:01

DD used to get up at 12:30am for a feed at one point which killed me - so we did the dream feeding thing

I think we used to do about 11/30 - depending if it was me or DH - I can't remember when she went to - I think it was about 3am - so if I went to bed at 10 I would get a long sleep if DH did it (5 hours) and then that was the only time I was up so it was okay overall.

We didn't do it for long but it really helped me out - I would give it a go certainly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now