Talk

Advanced search

Night time routine

(6 Posts)
user1469300540 Sun 13-Nov-16 19:10:11

Just wondering when peoples DC stop taking a bed time bottle. My DD is 8months and is refusing to take hers. I'm lucky if I get 3ounces into her! Tonight she has flat out refused and gone to sleep without it. Wondering if I should replace it with some super instead? My concern is she is totally weaned during the day and the only milk she has is her bedtime bottle and a night feed. The HV keeps telling me she should be having 18-21ounces of milk a day but I'm lucky if I get 10 into her!!!! She refuses them during the day, iv even put the milk in a cup and she just refuses but will happily drink water throughout the day. She's not dehydrated or anything. She's currently on a dairy free diet (GP advice) so if I stop the bed time bottle then how do I make sure she gets enough calcium etc?! Argh!!!! First time mum stress!!!! Any advice?

TIA
X x

Squaffle Sun 13-Nov-16 19:54:56

I'm interested in this too... DD is a month younger than yours and milk is getting to be a real struggle. Has yours got any teeth yet? Mine doesn't and someone recently said that sucking might be causing discomfort. I'm going to continue to offer the same size bottles at the same times as normal and will see what happens tooth-wise!

user1469300540 Sun 13-Nov-16 20:21:17

She has two down the bottom (can even through at 6months). I think she just loves solid food and the social side that comes with it (we have all meals together etc). Just hard to know what's best to do!!

FATEdestiny Sun 13-Nov-16 22:20:19

My son started flatly refusing all forms of milk once he stopped breastfeeding. He refused EBM, formula, cows milk, everything not matter how it was given.

When older my son even refused milky drinks like milkshake or hot chocolate.

He is 10 now. He simply does not like milk as a drink. In any form. He will have milk in foods and is fine with milk on cerial etc, but he doesn't like milk as a drink.

We went down the "loads of dairy" route instead. lots of youghurts, cheese, butter and cream in his diet.

user1469300540 Mon 14-Nov-16 06:55:01

I think DD will be the same. What age did he start refusing all milk??? Sorry, just curious x

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 14-Nov-16 07:04:09

DD2 flat out refused milk from 5 months 😢 it was really stressful and meant we had to wean early.

The HV said as long as she gets plenty of dairy she'll be fine, so I used to make lots of porridge, cheese sauces, rice pudding etc as ways of getting theilk into her, plus yoghurt cheese and calcium rich veg too.

She's now 16 month's and absolutely fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now