Talk

Advanced search

Post 16 week jabs plus sleep regression! Help!

(5 Posts)
Cheery1 Sat 12-Nov-16 10:25:38

My DS had his 16 week jabs on Thurs (he's actually 17 weeks). He's had disturbed sleep for about a week anyway, after being really good up to then but since the jabs he's been so unsettled. He's awake at 1.30am ready to play. Wanting feed constantly then he's grumpy and tired in the day. He's a bit pale today too. Wondering if this is a developmental phase or the jabs? Anyone had experience of this?! Currently hanging in there but really hoping this isn't a permanent personality change!

FATEdestiny Sat 12-Nov-16 13:56:59

His immunizations are a red herring. It's coincidental that they get their jabs at just the same time sleep physiology changes away from "forth trimester" passive sleep.

While in-utero and for the first 3-4 months sleep is passive. As long as all needs are met (primarly hunger and comfort) baby will sleep. Sleep is now active. You and baby have to work hard to get to sleep and stay asleep from one sleep cycle and the next.

Some things that help baby sleep:

- sucking (dummy, breastfeeding, thumb)
- movement (rocking, bouncing, pushchair)
- secure, right feeling (swaddle, being held, tucked in blankets, cosleeping)

Cheery1 Sat 12-Nov-16 17:01:02

Ah thanks for tips! We're trying all of the above and hoping he'll settle down soon

Hatade16 Sun 13-Nov-16 12:24:34

Having the exact same with my 16 week old dd.she will not sleep at all! She's been in our bed the past two nights and just keeps fidgeting all night and waking up crying. It's killing me

Cheery1 Sun 13-Nov-16 20:31:56

Oh hatade you poor thing! DS slept much better last night - still up quite a bit but I felt as if I got some sleep rather than none at all. Hope you get some rest too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now