My child clearly hates me and wantse to die from sleep deprivation

(5 Posts)
frikadela01 Fri 11-Nov-16 05:24:00

Or at least that's what it feels like.

Ds 19weeks. We had a lovely routine, bath bottle book bed at 7ish then he'd wake for another bottle at around 11-12ish for another bottle then straight through till 6 where her have a bottle then sleep a bit more before we got up at about 8.

Past 2 weeks though hes up at 3 for a bottle then again at 5 and is awake from then on babbling away. Really cute but infuriating when I need sleep. He has 20 minute cat naps during the day but even they are few and far between.
Dp does as much as he can but works long hours in the nhs so is knackered himself.

I'm just sooo tired. I'm not after advice really, I realise this is entirely normal and judging by the amount of dribble he's doing lately I think teething is definitely on its way so might explain him being unsettled. Just needed to get it off my chest.

frikadela01 Fri 11-Nov-16 05:25:18

Title supposed to say wants me to die.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Fri 11-Nov-16 05:26:35

Sleep deprivation is the absolute worst. I feel for you! Just try to remember it's not forever and grab rest whenever and wherever you can.

OhWhatAPalaver Fri 11-Nov-16 05:34:23

Mine too! She's 21 weeks and has been generally shit at sleeping for about two months now. She did initially have bad reflux and wind but we've cut dairy now and she seems to have improved. So not entirely sure why sleep is still crap but I'm assuming development/teething/got in to the habit of sleeping on me!
I'm just hoping things improve when we start weaning next month. They better had do or I may lose the plot slightly!

Heirhelp Fri 11-Nov-16 05:36:51

Sounds like 4 month sleep regression.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now