Talk

Advanced search

Self soothing issue.

(4 Posts)
MrsBerto Fri 04-Nov-16 20:30:59

Hi Guys.
I just joined today and I wondered if anyone could advise me. My LO is almost 8 months, he settles at night about 7/8pm after a 5 oz bottle with no or minimal crying. However he then proceeds to wake up crying at 11/12. I settle him back down and he wakes up at 1/2am for a feed. Then he wakes up every hour until I give in and put him in bed with me. This is now becoming an issue as he is moving around and I'm worried he'll fall off the bed. He also won't nap unless I'm with him. I don't understand why he is able to self soothe before bed but not at any other time. He is breastfed along with two meals throughout the day. Any advice? Thank you. smile

FATEdestiny Fri 04-Nov-16 22:03:46

He's probably passing out through utter exhaustion at bedtime, which is why it can't be replicated at other times.

Is the cot in your room or baby's room? If it was me I'd bring the cot back into my room, next to the bed, and work on settling baby in the cot with you losing right next to him all the time reassuring. Sounds like he needs your presence, so withdraw that reliance on your presence gradually.

FATEdestiny Fri 04-Nov-16 22:04:22

Lying. Not losing.

MrsBerto Mon 07-Nov-16 18:35:48

I'm in the room with him and have been since birth. I do settle him in the cot but when it gets to 4/5th time of waking in the middle of the night I'm so tired I just give up. I guess it's just about consistency. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now