Swaddling and rolling baby

(3 Posts)
Amazonmulu Fri 04-Nov-16 13:25:00

We've had to move the 5.5m baby to her own room as she out grew the Moses basket and the cot does not fit in to our bedroom (and the baby HATES being in our bed).

The problem is she has always been swaddled as she had a very strong Moro reflex, plus she keeps hitting herself in the face with her hand sad

We moved her over to her own bed and the first night wasn't too bad but then she started rolling over sad I don't feel it's safe so I think we need to wean her off her swaddle sad

Has anyone done this? How did you do it? How long did it take?

FATEdestiny Fri 04-Nov-16 13:29:00

A tightly tucked in blanket can help recreate the same feeling. But it's just the legs being held and less effective for arms.

We weaned off by first swaddling plus the sheet. This tried to 'pin down' baby so they don't roll. Then every few days make the swaddle looser until you just have the baby under a tucked in blanket and not the swaddle.

Timetogrowup2016 Fri 04-Nov-16 14:12:17

I did one arm swaddled for two nights and then both out rhe next night .
The first nigjt both arms free she needed her dummy every hour but since then has slept through most nights

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now