1 year old- 2 extra bottles in the night!!!

(4 Posts)
Embobolina88 Mon 31-Oct-16 06:36:52

Help! Our 1 year old goes down fine at 7pm but has started waking at 1 and 4 screaming. The only thing that calms him is a bottle! We just went with it the last few weeks as he's been teething and we knew it was a comfort thing. But now it's just habit. How do we break it?!

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Mon 31-Oct-16 21:17:34

If you use full-fat cowsmilk try switching to semi-skimmed then skimmed. Only if you're sure it's not hunger though.

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Mon 31-Oct-16 21:26:33

DD did this for a while. I was happy to give her the bottles as it was the only thing that would settle her. But, as I knew it was just for comfort, I didn't want to overfed, hence not giving fullfat milk.

She did sleep through after cutting down gradually over a couple of weeks. Well, she did until she got ill and it started up again.

I still gave 2 x 5oz cups of fullfat cows milk in the morning & before bed.

OneTiredMummmyyy Mon 31-Oct-16 21:33:08

Is he teething perhaps? Does he use a dummy? DD2 is 1 and I've noticed she gets hungrier now. Is he eating well at dinner time? If not then maybe try a yoghurt or something after dinner, then his milk (full fat) and then bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now