Talk

Advanced search

I hate 5am!!!

(13 Posts)
gemsie23 Sat 29-Oct-16 05:58:28

Hi, just wondering if anyone thinks it's worth trying anything such as wake to sleep for my nearly 21mo who wakes at 5:10 each morning. No matter what time I go to bed this time is a killer but is she just an early riser?? brew

BastardGoDarkly Sat 29-Oct-16 06:00:00

Probably wine ?

tiredvommachine Sat 29-Oct-16 06:03:10

<Tries to not think about clocks going back sad>

polkadotdelight Sat 29-Oct-16 06:15:34

I'm just glad it's DHs turn to get up with DS tomorrow!

BastardGoDarkly Sat 29-Oct-16 06:15:59

Oh shit yes! When do them fuckers go back?! <Shakes fist at stupid British clock thing>

handsfree Sat 29-Oct-16 06:20:37

We have been in this 'phase' for 6 months now with my 25m old.

Never did I think that 6am would feel late!

StrawberryLeaf Sat 29-Oct-16 06:20:53

Go back tomorrow shock

Everyone at work was banging on about the extra hour sleep and I'm thinking this is terrible for me with my 5am waker!

Can't hurt to try wake to sleep.

DownWithThisSortaThing Sat 29-Oct-16 06:38:25

You could try it OP. I've thought about it but DS is generally getting better gradually. Saying that, sometimes we're treated to a 7am but this week it's been 5.30 hmm
I can't wait to get up at 4.30 tomorrow morning angry <fucking clocks>

theothersideoftheworld Sat 29-Oct-16 06:53:54

My 19 month old is the same. 5.20 everyday. It's hideous. I've tried everything but wake to sleep. I can't face getting up even earlier to give him a prod.

Blueberry234 Sat 29-Oct-16 06:57:17

Same here with my 2 year old and 6 year old. At least they can play with each other <grasping at straws>

2ndbabymama Sat 29-Oct-16 07:01:17

Yup, four year old up at 5 AGAIN thlangry. I'm so sick of it I had a little indulgent cry to myself for two minutes. He's always been like this. Sometimes it's worse like this spate but never, ever past 6.30am in his entire life. It could be worse but I can't cope right now thinking of tomorrow and the clocks. Also have a nine month so days are busy as it is!

BWatchWatcher Sat 29-Oct-16 07:22:30

Smile nicely, put lots of toys they can't kill themselves with in their bed and say 'ooo it is still dark and Mummy needs to sleep'.
Then close the door and walk back to bed.
If you're lucky they may play quietly or may find it so dull they go back to sleep.
If you're not then it's the cbeebies zombiehour.

gemsie23 Sat 29-Oct-16 07:24:33

Wow, didn't expect so many replies so soon - good to know I'm not the only one up! Yes, luckily OH is very good and we take turns so I'm not reminding him about the clocks tmw!! Plus he has to get up now so I can go to work... maybe I would be wineotherwise lol!
I know what you mean about not wanting to get up that hour earlier to try wake to sleep, plus the possibility it may wake her completely and then that's it! Do I just keep playing it out instead? She has been having 3hr naps this week tho, but was ill last week. Bedtime has happened to fall later a few nights too but she stil gets up early so I think earlier bedtime may be worth a try too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now