Talk

Advanced search

Controlled Crying Day 1...,

(4 Posts)
MamaMoose1 Wed 26-Oct-16 20:16:29

Hi, I need some hand holding. My daughter is 16 months (just) and has been cuddled, walked around the room to sleep for a long time. I was happy to do this, as generally it only took 10 minutes, but over the past two months it is taking much longer, 45 minutes on average, it's not something I can maintain, my husband is away frequently with work, sometimes for 3-4 days, I have two older children to tend to, I am getting carpal tunnel in my right wrist, which the doctor said is caused by holding my daughter for prolonged periods and I've been getting back ache that's getting worse. So tonight, after a tough night yesterday, we have started controlled crying. I started going in every 2,3,4,5 minutes etc, but this was making DD worse, so I just left her for 15 minutes in the end and she has finally gone to sleep, I feel so guilty though, but I know it has to be done, as the routine, settling to bed method we had, just wasn't working. Is anyone else in the same boat?

missyB1 Wed 26-Oct-16 20:19:47

You've done the right thing, I've been there and caused real problems with my back (I also got carpel tunnel). I ended up doing CC too and never looked back!

angelpuffs Wed 26-Oct-16 20:25:40

Don't feel bad- it has to be done sometimes. As you said you have other children and a bad back and wrist. Stick with it- it takes some perseverance but you'll get there. Good luck x

MamaMoose1 Wed 26-Oct-16 21:41:01

Thanks ladies, I know some people don't agree with it and I don't think I did at first, but it was just getting worse every night and also our daughter was so cranky, I'm hoping now the bad back and wrist gets better. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now