Talk

Advanced search

Some advice, reassurance or anything that's going...

(10 Posts)
LauLau93 Mon 24-Oct-16 09:15:50

My DD is 6 weeks old tomorrow and last week for 3 nights she sleot through. It was bliss.
Now we seem to have taken a few steps back ever since then. She is back to being up every 4 hours for a feed and last night just refused to settle. It took me 7 hours (with a feed in the middle) and pushibg the pram frantically around the living room to get her to sleep. We had numerous times but she would wake up again after 5 minutes.
I'm not really sure what i hoping to receive as a response. I am just exhausted today, keeping my eyes open is near impossible. I guess i was just hoping im not alone and that someone may be able to explain why she has returned to the waking so frequently.

Thank you!!!!

andonwego Mon 24-Oct-16 09:19:44

Up every 4 hours sounds like a dream to me, and DD is 8 months. Honestly, you're really lucky to be getting 4 hour stretches at only 6 weeks!

You say she refused to settle last night - what time she eventually go to sleep?

andonwego Mon 24-Oct-16 09:19:46

Up every 4 hours sounds like a dream to me, and DD is 8 months. Honestly, you're really lucky to be getting 4 hour stretches at only 6 weeks!

You say she refused to settle last night - what time she eventually go to sleep?

LauLau93 Mon 24-Oct-16 09:27:44

I'm sorry! Must be hard and i dont want to appear ungrateful as i know im very lucky at the 4 hours she even hoes 5 sometimes i was just so excited at the thought of her startibg to sleep through haha.
She eventually went down at 1am after fighting a long battle because she was so overtired at this point.

andonwego Mon 24-Oct-16 09:31:35

Wow! 1am is late.

I wouldn't bother trying for 7 hours though - she will pick up on your stress as you're doing so . (Disclaimer - both my kids are/were terrible sleepers as babies, so I may well have no idea what I'm talking about!)

Could she be colicky? Reflux? These things tend to show up at around this age. Or could just be a bad night - we all have them, including babies. Hope things improve for you tonight.

ShyTallSun Mon 24-Oct-16 09:37:12

Both of my DSs went through a phase at around 8weeks old when they would not go to sleep at night without every type of intervention we could think of: wheeling around in pram, swinging in car seat, carrying round in baby sling, white noise on youtube, cooker hood extractor on full which sounded like concorde taking off....and the list goes on. Eventually both got through it but I remember it well and can empathise with you. Sadly, neither of mine are especially good sleepers and they are now 3 1/2yrs and 18 months.

My only advice would be to try and catch up on your sleep during the day.

LauLau93 Mon 24-Oct-16 09:37:26

She is a colicky baby but shes been on Infacol for a while now and she really calmed down. I do think last night was a case of her being overtired but its just so exhausting.
But thank you for the response its given me something to do while she snores away on me....its alright for some grin

LauLau93 Mon 24-Oct-16 09:38:25

Thank you! Im really hoping its a phase that is short lived.

Timetogrowup2016 Mon 24-Oct-16 10:09:28

A swaddle worked well for dd at that age.
Have u tried that ?
Is co sleeping something you would consider . It might not work but you could try ?

LauLau93 Mon 24-Oct-16 10:55:30

We do swaddle her the first night we did it was the first night she slept through it really worked for her. We've tried co sleeping but she wouldnt settle very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now