Talk

Advanced search

8 month old baby boy.

(7 Posts)
ReggiesMummy Sun 23-Oct-16 08:18:07

Hi all,

Just a quick question..

What is everyone's thoughts on sleeping naked when having an 8 month old in the same bed?

Reggie is 8 months old and sleeps in his own bed all night, sometimes in the morning, if he's still a bit grizzly, I put him in bed with me.

Now, I sleep naked (in just knickers), and I always have done. But whenever Reggie is in bed with me I have a dressing gown on. If I'm going to have a dose with Reggie I find it impossible wearing a massive dressing gown, however can not sleep in any sort of clothing!

I was just wondering everyone's views on sleeping partially naked with their baby in the bed.

I've read a couple of stories and people saying it's 'perverted'.. but I carried Reggie for 9 months, I gave birth to him.. surely having a nap in the same bed partially naked is not perverted?

Any views on this? Please xx

redheadbarmaid Sun 23-Oct-16 08:47:32

Of course it's not perverted, seems one of the most natural things in the world to me.
Babies love skin to skin contact ime. U go for it op

ReggiesMummy Sun 23-Oct-16 14:19:54

To me it's not perverted at all, I think just reading some comments from other people made me feel bad? Which is stupid. He's my son. Thank you for your opinion x

PotatoBread Sun 23-Oct-16 14:21:18

Not perverted at all to do this with your 8 month old son. I would find people who suggested it was slightly odd tbh.

redheadbarmaid Sun 23-Oct-16 16:34:09

Agree with potato, it's other people who are being odd, certainly not you

Matchstickbox Sun 23-Oct-16 16:35:24

Nah not issue at all. Skin to skin is good for both of you.

ReggiesMummy Sun 23-Oct-16 18:36:43

Thank you all for your comments, makes me feel much better. I think the media and things like that make everyone feel they have to stop doing things with their child, which are completely normal! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now