Talk

Advanced search

Wide awake support thread

(23 Posts)
Bumpylady Wed 19-Oct-16 03:20:22

I've had approx one hour sleep tonight. Six m/o Hausa cold/ teething/ sleep regression/ whatever. Will not be put down. Oh is happily snoring in bed and I have a really bad chesty cold. And toddler will be awake in a couple of hours. Feel miserable. Just after done support from those in a similar boat. Sob

TheSmellofOldBooks Wed 19-Oct-16 03:27:48

flowers Bumpy

Will the baby sleep next to you if you keep a hand on her for that comfort?

I am feeding the baby having done one feed and a stint with the toddler already.

DH snoring away is so annoying! It feels so lonely being up all night but you are not alone

basketofironing Wed 19-Oct-16 03:27:57

flowers

basketofironing Wed 19-Oct-16 03:29:06

Oops, posted too soon! Similar situation, 6 month old being a demon baby. She's finally gone to sleep after a two hour whingeathon, leaving me too awake to sleep.

LauraPalmersBodybag Wed 19-Oct-16 03:39:12

Oh Bumpy this is just what I needed! My DD is waking every hour or so, multiple attempts to put down, co sleeping has started failing too.... and I've not yet slept and have dreadful insomnia.

Sorry to hear you're all having a rough night too. flowers for all

Bumpylady Wed 19-Oct-16 04:22:10

Sorry to hear you are all in the same boat, but comforting to know I'm not alone. Considering waking oh up at 5 to give me some rest before toddler wakes. I too am so wide awake that I can't sleep when I lie down and the sound of oh snoring/ breathing keeps me awake!!flowers to all

lilydaisyrose Wed 19-Oct-16 04:25:20

No baby here yet (33w) but suffering badly with piLes and constipation which is keeping me awake! We (kids and I) are in another town on holiday at the moment staying with family - no-one else awake and the bed is really comfy and I have my own room but can't sleep!!!

desperatelyseekingcaffeine Wed 19-Oct-16 04:26:45

Support here - my 3yr old was up for over an hour at 1am. Woke the normally great sleeping baby (don't hate me I've had 3 years of crap sleep!) Still up with baby now sad

LauraPalmersBodybag Wed 19-Oct-16 04:36:34

This is hellish angry

HumphreyCobblers Wed 19-Oct-16 05:02:46

Hello everyone

Toddler ds woke me at one thirty and rampaged for an hour and a half, waking me so thoroughly that I have no chance of getting back to sleep.

The day stretching ahead seems so bleak, knowing how knackered I going to be. I have my first observed spld lesson today as well

<offers coffee>

Bumpylady Wed 19-Oct-16 05:25:06

Here again. In the chair. After 20 minutes doze next to a snoring oh. I feel like crap as well. Would almost be better just getting up now than even trying to sleep

TheSmellofOldBooks Wed 19-Oct-16 05:31:43

Just awake again for another feed. The bloody cat woke me up during my precious 2 hours between feeds. By the time this feed is done DH will be up for work then toddler will wake up. Sigh.

basketofironing Wed 19-Oct-16 06:29:13

Caved. DD came into bed at 4 am and we got two hours sleep before she decided it is time to get up for the day.

Do you ever think about how much you'll enjoy tormenting them with hoovering as early as possible when they are a teenager/ have their first hangovers?

TheSmellofOldBooks Wed 19-Oct-16 07:56:56

Basket I think about that all the time!

Bumpylady Wed 19-Oct-16 23:14:45

I'm here again if anyone needs a hand to hold. Baby full of cold and teething. Oh snoring. Me exhausted and painful chesty cold sad

TheSmellofOldBooks Thu 20-Oct-16 03:27:56

Oh Bumpy it sounds utterly miserable for you. Try to keep saying that it will pass! Teeth will come, colds will end.

Also: Calpol, Nurofen and steam. Sit together in a hot shower and breathe.

Hope you will be able to take it easy during the day brew cake

GashleyCrumbTiny Thu 20-Oct-16 05:14:56

I don't know how people cope with a toddler alongside a baby, I really don't. I've just done the second night feed for my five week old since we came to bed at 10 (took an hour to get her down and she was up for an hour at 2). She now needs a nappy change but I need to keep her upright for a while or she'll be sick. The nappy change will wake her up and it'll take ages to get her off again. Then DH'so alarm goes off at 7am. Just keep reminding myself that I can at least nap later (when she does her uninterrupted four hour afternoon nap - WTF!!)

flowers for everyone still up. brew brew brew for tomorrow.

TallulahTheTiger Thu 20-Oct-16 05:19:58

Have been awake since three.. Have a four month old who will not sleep unless is touching me- knackered not the word!!!

GashleyCrumbTiny Thu 20-Oct-16 05:35:31

Does a reassuring hand in the cot work Tallulah? I got a co-sleeper crib so I could do this. Doesn't work.

TheSmellofOldBooks Thu 20-Oct-16 05:50:35

Can you put baby beside you in bed Tallulah? I make a gap between mine and DH's pillows and put DD there, she's penned in but we won't pull the duvet up over her etc

Gashley is it a soiled nappy? I never change in the night unless the poo fairy has been.

Well DD has just had another feed and is back to sleep, so I can lie down for a whole 20 mins before DH gets up

Bumpylady Thu 20-Oct-16 08:31:26

Hope everyone is ok today? I booted oh into the spare room at 12 and put lo in the bed with me - seemed to work and he settled much better - apart from a 1.5 hour screaming fit at 3am... LO still sleeping soundly in our bed and in downstairs with a snotty toddler. At least managed a few horizontal hours though. brewflowerscake for all those struggling today!

HumphreyCobblers Thu 20-Oct-16 08:35:13

Glad you had a slightly better night. I did too, I took Night Nurse for my cold and gave the toddler to DH for the night.

TallulahTheTiger Fri 21-Oct-16 06:27:50

gashley we also have co sleeper which doesn't really work! Current working sleeping position is horizontal across my chest- poor DH has decamped to spare room (albeit happily as will now get sleep!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now