Talk

Advanced search

Is it a bad idea to introduce milk for naps at 15 months?

(11 Posts)
Nottalotta Tue 18-Oct-16 12:29:25

Ds has napped in his cot a handful of times ever. He was ebf and refused a bottle. However he goes to sleep at night in his cot with a cup of milk, with a soft spout. I am keen (!!) to get him to nap in his cot now that he's showing signs of having just one nap a day.

I'm just wondering if our bedtime routine would help, or if it's a really bad idea? He's currently in his cot not asleep but quiet. He's been awake since 6 so is tired.

scrumptiouscrumpets Tue 18-Oct-16 14:17:15

I wouldn't do it . Your naptime routine doesn't have to be similar to your bedtime routine,in fact, I'd keep it super short. Into pjs, sleeping bag, say night night to teddy bear or whatever, draw curtains together and into cot. If he's quiet in his cot , even if he hasn't slept today, that's a good sign he is ready to nap in his cot . I'd keep putting him in his cot at naptime and leaving him there until he cries, I bet after a few days he'll get the message he's supposed to nap!

Nottalotta Tue 18-Oct-16 14:49:53

Thanks, he did complain a bit, laid on his book (so it was stuck under him, got up, fell over and banged his face. Cried. I picked him up for a minute then put back and did some singing and patting, and he went to sleep. He'd been in his cot for over half an hour though by then. But, he's still asleep so that's great. I would love for a 2 hour cot nap each day!!

Supposed to be meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow but tempted to cancel and try this again......

Nottalotta Tue 18-Oct-16 14:51:29

Although he's with Mil Thursday and Friday as I'm at work. I think he's old enough to know the difference though. (she'll do a pram nap)

newmumwithquestions Tue 18-Oct-16 14:56:40

DD1 (2y) has the same nap routine as bedtime routine. She was a terrible napper until about a year and now usually maps for 2/2.5 hours (very occasionally 3! I love those days). If it helps just do it - I think it massively helped us.

I dont do such a drawn out routine with DD2 as she always napped more easily. Do whatever works in my book!

Nottalotta Tue 18-Oct-16 15:24:02

Still asleep!! Should I wake him?!

Nottalotta Tue 18-Oct-16 15:24:35

2hrs 20. Unheard of.

peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 18-Oct-16 15:26:26

How hard did he bang his head? confused

Nottalotta Tue 18-Oct-16 15:30:45

Oh not hard, sorry!

Nottalotta Tue 18-Oct-16 15:34:23

Just woken up. Sleepy head! He's all warm and cosy.

peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 18-Oct-16 15:36:57

Haha he obviously needed it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now