We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

11 week old - routine help

(6 Posts)
BergamotMouse Mon 17-Oct-16 17:45:49

I'm looking for some advice on how to implement a bedtime routine with my 11 week old. She currently goes to bed with us at about 9 or 10 and settles well. Ideally I'd like to get her going down at 7 or 8 in her own room (we'll transfer her to ours when we go to bed).

When I've tried it before we end up bringing her back down as she doesn't settle and cried and if she does sleep she wakes up quickly.

So advice really, do I persevere or is she too young? Will it just take a few nights and then be sorted if we stick to it (I know all babies are different)? Any tips on establishing a good routine?

Thanks

BergamotMouse Mon 17-Oct-16 18:29:03

Anyone?? I'm keen to start tonight.

cricketqueen Mon 17-Oct-16 18:34:16

She's still tiny. Surely she will need feeding during the evening??. At that age my dd wasn't going down for the night till 10 is and definitely not by herself. I would stick with what you are currently doing, plenty of time for routine.

NerrSnerr Mon 17-Oct-16 18:35:47

The SIDS guidelines state that the baby should sleep wherever you are for 6 months so that's what we did. We put her down in her own room when she was just over 6 months.

BergamotMouse Mon 17-Oct-16 18:44:17

Thanks both. I did wonder if it was too young. All my NCT friends seem to have some sort of bedtime which made me wonder.

We would bring her into our room when we go to bed and have a movement monitor in her cot for when she's up there alone. I'm just aware that she seems so happy when we go to bed and has a bit of an evening meltdown so didn't know if she's in need of it earlier.

daisydalrymple Mon 17-Oct-16 18:46:57

With ds1 we kept him downstairs with us in the evenings as he did lots of cluster feeding early eve. When he reached the stage of sleeping longer stretches then we started putting him down at 7pm upstairs. I don't recall what age exactly, but you could just wait until you think she's starting to sleep a bit longer to avoid being up and down all evening.

With dd it was a bit different, as ds1 had bedtime at 7pm so she did fit around that to a degree. With ds2 I tried to put him down upstairs at 7 from early days as dh had started a new job, so wasn't around to help with bedtimes. It was a disaster tbh, as he was really unsettled through the evening and I was in and out through story and get ready time. In hindsight I should have kept him with me and had one of the baby chairs in their bedroom.

Epic post sorry grin each baby is different though, so I'd be guided by when she seems ready.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now